|Personal Biography:||With over 20 years of legal experience in law firm & in-house corporate environments, I have gained in-depth experience in project management, organization, verbal/written communication, solid judgment, decision making and time management. I partner with busy Attorneys to help them maximize their time and resources by offering Paralegal support in a broad range of areas: - Corporate Governance - Contract Review - Compliance - Real estate - Healthcare insurance - Pharmacy licensing & credentialing - Mobile Notary Services (NNA Certified Notary Signing Agent) I thrive when working independently/little to no supervision as well as in a team environment. I am adaptable to change and I'm flexible to work remotely and/or commute, depending on assignment needs. I am a self-motivated problem solver who works well under pressure. I am resourceful, efficient and I produce results with a high level of integrity, accuracy, and professionalism.|
|Undergraduate Degree:||Bachelors in Science of Business Management|
|Experience:||BIOCURE LLC – Houston, Texas |
Corporate Paralegal & Regulatory Compliance (Support General Counsel & Compliance Officer)
April 11, 2016 - February 17, 2017 [perm]
January 18, 2016 - March 21, 2016 [temp]
PHARMACY STATE BOARD LICENSES:
- Prepare & register license forms with 50 State Pharmacy Boards (resident/non-resident);
- Prepare & register annual renewals and create new registrations as required; and
- Created & maintained tracking database and update pharmacy license/permit expiration dates.
CORPORATE GOVERNANCE / ENTITY MANAGEMENT:
- Registration: Prepare and file foreign and domestic entity registrations/withdrawals with various Secretaries of State as well as create and maintain tracking database to ensure scheduling and coordination of time sensitive filings;
- Annual Reports: Work with Third Party vendor to monitor filing of Annual Reports, State Qualification requirements and Assumed/Fictitious Name Filings.
- Performed specific audit readiness compliance responsibilities as required by various industry accrediting organizations such as Utilization Review Accreditation Commission (URAC) and various State / Federal regulatory agencies such as the Office of Inspector General (OIG);
- Quality management & HIPAA: Prepared compliance quality management & HIPAA performance measures, coordinated compliance committee quarterly meeting and drafted related meeting materials, drafted board and compliance meeting minutes, agenda and related action item lists;
- Policies & Procedures: Reviewed and revised Policies & Procedures as it relates to accreditation and compliance requirements.
- Applications: Prepare credentialing applications with various Payers such as Cigna, Blue Cross Blue Shield and other larger national insurance providers; obtain Executive Officer fingerprints and biographic background data as required; and
- Tracking & Maintenance: Create and maintain tracking and filing databases, files and records; file various corporate required documents with various Payers as requested.
HINES ADVISORS- Houston, Texas Legal Assistant (Support General & Corporate Counsel) [Temporary Assignment]
June 9, 2015 - August 11, 2015
BOARD OF DIRECTORS & COMMITTEES
- Build & update virtual binders for Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT) Board of Directors and Committee meetings utilizing Diligent BoardBooks software.
REAL ESTATE DISPOSITION
- Assembly of virtual data room documents required utilizing Diligent BoardBooks software;
- Prepare first drafts of transaction closing documents and other legal agreements/documents;
- Assist in coordinating closings in the U.S. and internationally; and
- Utilization of DocuSign software as needed.
TRAVEL & EXPENSE - Provide general administrative/clerical support such as travel coordination and expense reimbursement reports.
SERVICE CORPORATION INTERNATIONAL - Houston, Texas Real Estate Paralegal [Contract Assignment]
(Support Senior Corporate Counsel)
March 26, 2015 - June 6, 2015
REAL ESTATE TRANSACTION & GENERAL SUPPORT
- Research and analyze legal resources (Federal/State statutes & regulations, legal articles, judicial decisions, constitutions and legal codes);
- Prepare legal documents as directed by Corporate Counsel;
- Order title searches and surveys and review for defects;
- Draft objection letters and resolve title problems;
- Draft closing documents for acquisitions and divestitures including Bills of Sale, Deeds, GAP Indemnities, FIRPTA, tax forms, etc.; and
- Provide general clerical support as needed.
CIGNA-HEALTHSPRING - Houston, Texas Corporate Paralegal (Support SVP & Associate Chief Counsel)
January 2009 - August 2014
- Minutes - Draft minutes to accurately reflect entity activity, status, and compliance with CMS audit requirements; and
- Quarterly Data - Review, analysis, comprehension and interpretation/summary of Compliance and Key Metrics presented during Board of Directors and various Committee meetings for each Cigna-HealthSpring healthcare plan entities.
- Review/Analysis - Receive and review for accuracy and compliance HIPAA authorizations, Powers of Attorney, subpoenas, requests for Third Party Liability/attorney (subrogation/lien) and medical records; distribute and process the same for all Cigna-HealthSpring markets; and
- Writing - Draft responses to requests for access to Protected Health Information (PHI) and requests for restrictions on the release of protected health information.
INTERNAL COMMITTEE MEETINGS
- Meetings - Attend weekly meetings with representatives from various internal departments (Integrity, Sales, Legal, and Regulatory Management); draft meeting minutes, coordinate with Integrity to facilitate workflow continuity and accuracy of recommended remediation actions issued by the Committee; and
- Administration - Prepare and maintain weekly administrative updates of internal disciplinary committee (“Committee”) meetings utilizing SharePoint database software.
CORPORATE GOVERNANCE / ENTITY MANAGEMENT
- Filings - Prepare and file foreign and domestic entity formations, withdrawals, conversions, and mergers;
- Annual Reports - Maintain various entities in 48 jurisdictions by filing required Annual Reports, ownership interest assignments of Corporations, Limited Partnerships, and Limited Liability Companies; and
- Registered Agent - Worked with Third Party vendor to monitor filing of Annual Reports, State Qualification requirements and Assumed/Fictitious Name Filings; constant review of invoices to ensure accuracy for services provided.
LEGAL RESOURCE & RESEARCH
- Resource - Serve as general go-to legal resource for the organization. Utilize WestLaw and other legal resources to conduct legal research of industry standards, laws, and regulations in all pertinent jurisdictions as received from all levels within the organization; and
- Legal Summary - Analyze & organize facts and citations, write/prepare a summary, disseminate and discuss research findings accordingly.
- Review - Review, proofread and revise pharmaceutical rebate contracts and provider contracts to ensure federal, state and company compliance with regulatory requirements and guidelines; and
- Tracking - Coordinate with the Legal team toward continued maintenance of contract tracking and management system (TractManager), upload, research/review, and access changes.
Policies & Procedures - Update and maintain Legal Department’s policies and procedures in tracking Online Management Tool (OMT) software; prepare and conduct timely regulatory required attestations for General Counsel’s final review and approval.
INSURANCE GRIEVANCE RESOLUTION
- Analysis - Proficiency in and ability to analyze and thoroughly comprehend investigation results determined from member or physician grievances submitted by clients and attorneys to various State Departments of Insurance and Federal regulatory agencies and attorneys;
- Draft Response - Summarize detailed investigation results and chronology and draft a time sensitive comprehensive written response to the pertinent governing regulatory agency; and
MEDICAL RECORDS SUBPOENAS
- Insurance & medical records - Proficiency in review and comprehension of insurance claims and medical records for the purpose of drafting written comprehensive responses. Establish and maintain positive relationships with Federal and State regulators, members, attorneys, and business clients in general.
- Independent Worker - Ability to work on long/short term projects as well as drafting basic and high-level communications, contracts, agreements and contract termination letters.
- Problem Solving - Ability to analyze and resolve problems related to incoming calls and correspondence; active listening skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to complete required tasks within established strict state and federal time frames.
WINSTEAD – Houston, Texas January 2008 – July 2008
Paralegal (Commercial Real Estate, Banking and Finance) [Market Downturn]
SURVEY / TITLE REVIEW & CLOSINGS
- Perform commercial real estate land title/property survey review/analysis;
- Draft detailed closing letters;
- Manage and organize large volumes of closing documents and prepare closing binders; and
- Draft and file UCC’s and financing statements for secured commercial real estate with various Secretaries of State; conduct UCC searches.
CORPORATE GOVERNANCE / ENTITY MANAGEMENT
- Prepare and file entity formation and withdrawal forms with various Secretaries of State;
- City of Houston & County Meetings - Attend Board of Director meetings for City and County entities; draft minutes accordingly.
LOCKE LORD BISSELL AND LIDDELL – Houston, Texas
Paralegal (Commercial Real Estate, Banking, and Finance)
June 2006 – December 2007
SURVEY / TITLE REVIEW & CLOSINGS
- Perform commercial real estate land title and survey review/analysis;
- Manage closings by organizing and managing documents and preparing voluminous closing binders;
- Draft UCCs and UCC Financing Statements; UCC filings with the various Secretaries of State; perform UCC searches;
- Analyze entity resolutions for commercial real estate closings;
CORPORATE GOVERNANCE / ENTITY MANAGEMENT
– Prepare and file entity formations /withdrawals for commercial land investors and developers; Utilize general knowledge of corporate structures.
JOHNSON RADCLIFFE PETROV & BOBBITT, P.L.L.C. – Houston, TX
Paralegal (Public Law and Real Estate)
August 2004 - June 2006
SURVEY / TITLE / LIEN SEARCHES
- Perform real estate title, lien and owner searches;
- Review and analyze construction contracts for proposed development on real estate owned by the Municipal Utility District (MUD) (also known as Water Districts);
- Verify subcontractor surety and insurance viability; and
- Prepare necessary documents for real estate annexations
- Attend monthly Board meetings within the various Districts;
- Draft meeting minutes; and
- Draft and post time sensitive meeting notices agenda in accordance with Open Meetings Act. Elections - Coordinate and monitor MUD Construction Bond and Board of Director elections including creation and posting of necessary regulatory documents in accordance with the Texas Election Code.
|Project Preferences:||Contract Review|
|Language 1 Skill:||Native Speaker|
|Street:||1523 Mimosa Rd|
|Website:||1523 Mimosa Rd|
|Location of Work:||Freelancer Office or Law Firm Office|
Fees and Contact Information
Flat Fees Available